The historic house was built in 1857 by architect Ustad Ali Maryam for the bride of Borujerdi, a wealthy merchant. The bride came from the affluent Tabātabāei family, for whom the architect had built the nearby Tabātabāei House several years earlier.
The Borujerdi House consists of the biruni and andaruni features of Iran’s traditional residential architecture. The main hall is topped by a khishkhan, that is a type of central dome.
Three tall windcatchers, two above the main hall and one over the entrance area, are also erected on the house.The house is decorated with stucco, glass work, and mirror work, and features frescoes by prominent painter Kamal-ol-Molk.
Featured Image: irandestination.com