This lighthouse was built in 1905. The round cast iron tower is 39 meter tall and it is painted red with two white horizontal bands. The light on top emits one long white flash. The lighthouse was automated in 2005.
Slettnes Lighthouse is the northernmost mainland lighthouse on Earth. It sits along the Barents Sea approximately 3 kilometers north of the village of Gamvik on the northern coast of the Nordkinn Peninsula.
The lighthouse was heavily damaged during World War II by German troops, but it was painstakingly restored after the war. The restored station was designed by architects Blakstad and Munthe-Kaas and it was completed in 1948.