A building designed by Friedensreich Hundertwasser. It was completed in 2005. It is the last project that Hundertwasser worked on before his death. With the Hundertwasser School in Lutherstadt Wittenberg, he artistically designed another building in Saxony-Anhalt. The house is located in the city center in the immediate vicinity of the Domplatz and the Landtag.
Until the demolition in 1959, the Nikolaikirche stood on the site of today’s Green Citadel. After being profaned in 1810, it was used as an armory. In the 1970s, after the bombing in the Second World War, a residential building in prefabricated buildings followed. The architects Peter Pelikan and Heinz M. Springmann were responsible for the planning.
The area is 11,300 m². There are several shops, café and restaurants on the ground floor. The building houses the theater, hotel and the daycare center. On the upper floors of the house there are 55 apartments as well as practices and offices.
Featured Image: Grüne Zitadelle / Image: memolands.com