The castle overlooks the Cape of Ai-Todor on the Black Sea coast. It was built between 1911 and 1912, on top of the 40-metre high Aurora Cliff, in a Neo-Gothic design by the Russian architect Leonid Sherwood for the Baltic German businessman Baron von Steingel.
The building is compact in size, measuring only 20 meters long by 10 meters wide. The interior of the guest room is decorated with wooden panels, the walls of the rest of the rooms are stuccoed and painted. An observation deck rings the building, providing a view of the sea, and Yalta’s distant shoreline.
Featured Image: Swallow’s Nest castle / Image: unknown
Websites: Official website