The temple was built in 1888, and is dedicated to the worship of the popular god Na Tcha. In 2005, the temple became one of the designated sites of the Historic Centre of Macau enlisted on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
The small traditional Chinese temple is a simple single-chambered building measuring 8.4 meters long and 4.51 meters wide. The entrance porch opens to the temple building measuring 5 meters in depth. The building is painted gray, with few ornamentations, except for paintings on walls under the entrance porch.
Just as in other Chinese temples, ceramic animal decorations on the ridge serve as guardians to the temple and as decorative features on the roofline.