The lighthouse was built in 1911 by Vladimir Shukhov. The one-story keeper’s house sits inside the base of the tower.
At a height of 64 meters, it is the sixteenth-tallest “traditional lighthouse” in the world as well as the tallest in Ukraine. The site of the tower is accessible only by boat. The site is open to the public but the tower is closed.