The first documented landing on Antarctica in Cape Adare

In January 1895, Norwegian explorers Henrik Bull and Carsten Borchgrevink from the ship Antarctic landed at Cape Adare. Borchgrevink returned to the cape leading his own

Monument to the Antarctic Treaty in King George Island

The Monument commemorates the signatories of the Antarctic Treaty, which was opened for signing in 1959 and came into force in 1961. Monument to the Antarctic Treaty stands near the Frei, Bellingshausen and Escudero research stations on the Fildes Peninsula of King George Island in the South Shetland Islands of Antarctica. Unveiled in 1999, on the 40th […]