Advertisements

Joseph Fry, started making chocolate around 1759. In 1761 Joseph Fry and John Vaughan purchased a small shop and with it the patent for a chocolate refining process. In 1777 their chocolate works moved from Newgate Street to Union Street, Bristol. In 1847, the Fry’s Continue Reading

Advertisements

The ruins of Lindores Abbey lie on the outskirts of the small town called Newburgh and very close to the river Tay. It’s known as the birthplace of whisky and it can be traced back to 1494. It is the oldest noted evidence of distilling. Continue Reading

In 1930, Ruth Wakefield and her husband bought a tourist lodge, in Whitman in Plymouth County. Located between Boston and New Bedford and was a place where passengers ate home-cooked meals. When the Wakefields opened their business, they named the establishment the Toll House Inn. Continue Reading

Close
Menu